Introducing the RomSort utility

 

About a year ago I wrote a little command-line tool for sorting ROM files into alphabetical sub-directories. The main feature was it could intelligently combine the smaller sub-directories, which is useful when you’re browsing on low-resolution screens. However after I got the code working I never got around to sharing it.

So I took some time to re-package the code into a small .NET 2.0 WinForms app. It is pretty straightforward to use, and even gives you a live preview of what the end result will be before you use it. Note that filename collisions will be marked in red and it won’t let you perform the sort if there are any.

Source and binaries (under releases) @ RomSort on GitHub.

Enjoy!

/jon