In February of last year, I started editing my Guineawick Tales novel “Hester and the Kookaburra King”. It took me until October, but I produced a functioning draft before NaNoWriMo. Starting a couple of months ago I re-read the entire story end-to-end, and took extensive notes as to what still needs to be done.
There aren’t a lot of major structural changes, though I will be moving a couple of chapters around and dropping some unnecessary subplots. The majority of the work will be aligning the first half’s style with the second (where I made more concrete style decisions to change the feel of the work).
I’ve also begun planning out the sequel (you can never start too early), and as such have a short list of things I need to change in HatKK. The plan is to get HatKK ready to publish well before this year’s NaNoWriMo, so I have time to wrap up the sequel’s planning, and maybe even work on the interim short story “Aman”.
Let the editing begin!